Herman Miller Nelson Propst Reception Area
George Nelson (1908-1986) was an important modernist whose work cut across the fields of interior, industrial and exhibition design. Nelson studied architecture at Yale University in the 1920s, and in the next two decades earned a strong reputation as a writer on design for Architectural Forum, Interiors and Fortune.
In 1945 Nelson began a long association with the Herman Miller Furniture Company of Zeeland, Michigan, where as head designer he developed an innovative line of furniture and commissioned new designs from others. His first commission was Isamu Noguchi`s biomorphic glass-topped coffee table, which began production in 1947, the first of many designs that the sculptor would create for Herman Miller in the late Forties. Nelson also was responsible for bringing the designs of Charles Eames to Herman Miller, and he collaborated with R. Buckminster Fuller on a number of projects.
Among Nelson`s own creations are classic works of Fifties design, including the bubble lamp, ball clock, marshmallow sofa and the pole-supported wall-storage system. Nelson also designed numerous exhibitions, including the 1959 American National Exhibition in Moscow, and the Chrysler Corporation display at the 1964 New York World`s Fair.
This Action reception desk designed by George Nelson. The unit features three work surfaces, four lockable drawers, and overhead storage with keys, and adjustable keyboard platform. The side of the reception area has a piece of brown marble with salmon and white veins.
(2) 48″ Length overhead cabinets w/keys
(2) 24″ Length overhead cabinets w/keys
(1) 24″ Length overhead shelf
(3) work areas/desk services
– 6`10″ Length
– 8` 6″ Length
Age appropriate wear